Distribution Lists Make It Easier to Send Messages to A Group or Category of People. Learn How to Create A Distribution List in The Microsoft 365 Admin Center, And Steps to Add A User or Contact to A Distribution List.
How to create a distribution list in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Visit Microsoft 365 Admin center.
- Pick Admin after selecting the app launcher icon.
- From the left navigation pane, pick Groups.
- Choose Distribution list from the dropdown under Type of group.
- Enter name and description, and tap Add to create the distribution list.
- Select Close to view your distribution list.
Steps to add a user or contact to a distribution list
- Sign in to Office 365 with work or school account.
- Click on the app launcher icon and choose Admin.
- Pick Groups from the left navigation pane and select the preferred distribution list from the Groups page.
- Click on Edit from the Members
- View members page will appear. Click on Add members and select Close.
How to add a contact to Microsoft 365 Admin Center
Before adding a user or contact to a distribution list, you need to ensure that the contact already exists in the Admin Center.
- Go to the Contacts
- Pick Add a contact.
- New contact page will appear.
- Fill the necessary details and select Add to create the contact.
- The contacts added in the admin center will be visible to you and your users as part of the global address list.
How to send an email as a distribution list in Office 365
To perform these steps, you need to be part of an Office 365 distribution list, and you should have ‘Send as permission’ on it.
- Open Outlook on the web and enter inbox.
- Open a message sent to the distribution list and select Reply.
- Click on More > Show from, from the bottom of the message.
- Remove From address by right-clicking and select Remove.
- Enter the distribution list in the same place and send the message.
Written by Alex K Joseph
Alex Joseph is a Digital Marketing Strategist with explicit knowledge in Content Marketing and Microsoft Technologies. A writer by day, Alex is a night owl and a DIYer. Alex's theory is to make businesses achieve success with modern solutions and smart exploitation of resources.