This week we will give you some tips and tricks to use the Highlighted content web part well. Learn how to add the highlighted content web part to a page, and steps to assign content to it.
How to add the Highlighted Content Web Part to a page?
- Click on Edit at the top right part of the page.
- Take your mouse pointer above an existing web part or below the title region to select the plus icon.
- Choose Highlighted content web part.
- After the web part is added to the page, type over the default title Most recent documents to change the title.
- Click on the edit button to pick your options.
Steps to assign content to the webpart
- After adding the web part to the page, you will be presented with the web part property pane.
- From the property pane, pick the desired source.
- Source dropdown shows options like A document library on this site, Select sites, All sites in the hub,
- Click on Select sites to search for the site you wish to add. You can even add sites from Recent sites or Frequent sites.
- Set the type of content you want to show in the Type dropdown.
How to set up a filter or sort the content for an organized view?
- Click on the Filter dropdown and choose how you would like to filter the content.
- Recently added, recent changes, content includes the words, etc. are some of the options you get.
- Click on Sort by dropdown and select your desired option.
- The default option will be Most recent.
Steps to pick the layout for the Highlighted content web part
- Pick from options like Cards, List, Filmstrip,
- You can also pick in SharePoint Online, Carousel
- Enter the number of items you wish to display.
- Also, choose whether to show the webpart when there are no items to display.
Written by Alex K Joseph
Alex Joseph is a Digital Marketing Strategist with explicit knowledge in Content Marketing and Microsoft Technologies. A writer by day, Alex is a night owl and a DIYer. Alex's theory is to make businesses achieve success with modern solutions and smart exploitation of resources.