Learn how to configure Office 365 for SharePoint Hybrid, and what are the services required for hybrid deployments in SharePoint Server. You can also get information on steps involved in setting up Managed Metadata service, My Sites, and User Profile service.
How to configure Office 365 for SharePoint Hybrid?
It is important to set up a basic integration between Office 365 for enterprises and SharePoint Server before configuring a hybrid environment. Do the following steps in the exact order.
- Signup for Office 365.
- Register your domain with Office 365.
- Assign UPN domain suffixes.
- Synchronize accounts with Office 365.
- Assign licenses to users.
What are the services required for hybrid deployments in SharePoint Server?
- Managed Metadata service application.
- User Profile Service application.
- My Sites.
- The above services are enough for setting up OneDrive for business.
Steps to set up Managed Metadata Service and My Sites
- Turn on the Managed Metadata web Service.
- Create a Managed Metadata service application.
- For My Sites, you need to create a web application.
- Create a My Site Host site collection.
Steps to set up the User Profile Service
- Turn on the User Profile Service.
- Create a User Profile service application.
- Turn on the User Profile Synchronization Service.
- Configuring App Management Service is the next step.
Written by Alex K Joseph
Alex Joseph is a Digital Marketing Strategist with explicit knowledge in Content Marketing and Microsoft Technologies. A writer by day, Alex is a night owl and a DIYer. Alex's theory is to make businesses achieve success with modern solutions and smart exploitation of resources.