Last week we shared tips to get started with Microsoft Planner. Now let’s give you more insight to utilize plans more effectively. Learn how to add people to a plan and steps to assign tasks to those people.
How to add people to a plan in Microsoft Planner?
- Sign in to Planner.
- Select Members and enter the name of the user you wish to add.
- The new members will receive an email notification once they are added to the plan.
- You can also add users outside the organization as guests.
Steps to add a guest member to a plan
- Sign in to Planner and select Members.
- Planner will detect that the user is from outside the organization once you start typing the name.
- You will be prompted to add the user based on their email address.
- Enter the email address and choose Add email address as guest
- Review the new guest users by going to Members > members list.
How to assign tasks to people you have added to a plan?
There are mainly two ways to assign tasks to people.
- While creating a task, add a task name and select Assign.
- Choose a plan member from the list.
- Add a new user by entering the name or email address in the search box.
- You can assign the same task to up to 11 users, and it will be listed in their My tasks lists.
Steps to make someone else an owner of a plan
The person who created the plan will be its default owner. You can edit membership from within Groups in Outlook to assign someone else the ownership.
- From Outlook, go to the Group that has the same name as your plan.
- Click on Group settings from the header and choose Edit group.
- Go to the Members list and select Make owner option for the user you want to be an owner and click OK.
- There are also other options such as add member, remove members, and remove owner status.
Written by Alex K Joseph
Alex Joseph is a Digital Marketing Strategist with explicit knowledge in Content Marketing and Microsoft Technologies. A writer by day, Alex is a night owl and a DIYer. Alex's theory is to make businesses achieve success with modern solutions and smart exploitation of resources.