This week’s SharePoint tips gives you information about creating a site design and some of the main characteristics of the SharePoint design principles. You can also get some useful tips on authoring pages in a SharePoint Site.
How to create a site design and register it in SharePoint?
- Visit the SharePoint start page on your developer tenant.
- Pick Create site.
- Team site and Communication site modern template sites will be seen.
- Select Communication site.
- From the Choose a design box, pick either Topic, Showcase, or Blank.
- SharePoint then creates the new site and runs site scripts for the site design.
What are the main characteristics of SharePoint Design Principles?
- Fast and Optimistic.
- Authentic and Useful.
- Optimized and Accessible.
- Dynamic and Alive.
Tips to consider while authoring pages in a SharePoint Site
You need to have nice familiarity with the SharePoint Environment.
- Make a good understanding of the purpose and for whom you are designing the page.
- Keep it simple and work on ideas that are proven.
- Keep the audience in mind and the goals they want to achieve from the site.
What are the different modes involved with the SharePoint authoring experience?
- Edit and Published.
- The function of the Edit mode is to let page authors add and configure the web parts to add content to a page.
- The Published mode let the audience of your team to view the content and make necessary interactions with the available web parts.
- To allow users to view all page contents on mobile devices, all SharePoint Pages are made responsive by default.
Written by Alex K Joseph
Alex Joseph is a Digital Marketing Strategist with explicit knowledge in Content Marketing and Microsoft Technologies. A writer by day, Alex is a night owl and a DIYer. Alex's theory is to make businesses achieve success with modern solutions and smart exploitation of resources.