SharePoint Team Sites can be utilized for project management by preparing them for specific tasks and processes. Learn how to manage projects on a SharePoint Team site by knowing tips to plan and manage a project.
How to manage projects on a SharePoint Team Site
- To manage projects by assigning tasks to users, you need to add task lists and calendars to the Team Site.
- Select Working on a deadline? tile on the Get started with your site web part.
- Click on Add them to add Tasks and Calendar Apps to the Team Site.
- Share files with your teammates or other relevant people.
- You can now move to the Project Planning stage.
Tips to plan and manage a project
- You need to add tasks and assign them to people as the first step.
- To collect the necessary information, you may need to add different fields.
- Add columns to the task list to capture the required information.
- Using a project site is also a good way to handle projects.
How to add tasks and assign them to users
- Add a simple checklist of tasks by clicking on the Tasks option on the Quick Launch of the site.
- From the Tasks page, click on Edit.
- Enter task names in the Task Name column of each task and Select Enter.
- Fill the Due Date and Assigned to columns with appropriate information.
- Click Stop.
Steps to add columns to the task list
- From the Tasks page, select Add Column (+) option.
- Choose the information type you wish to add from Number, Text, Person or Group, or Date and Time.
- Choose More Column Type to add other information types not mentioned in the list.
- Move the column left or right in the task list using the Modify View option from the Manage Views group on the List tab.
Written by Alex K Joseph
Alex Joseph is a Digital Marketing Strategist with explicit knowledge in Content Marketing and Microsoft Technologies. A writer by day, Alex is a night owl and a DIYer. Alex's theory is to make businesses achieve success with modern solutions and smart exploitation of resources.