Microsoft SharePoint has emerged to be a platform that meets the collaboration needs of a wide variety of industries across the globe. Not just collaboration, the platform offers countless features when it comes to app building and also taking it to different teams and departments in an organization. As a developer, you can utilize SharePoint Framework to build apps using popular scripting libraries, page model for easy customization, etc.
At Ignite 2018, a wide spectrum of new platform capabilities are announced that will help you to take your development investments to the next level.
Let’s get started
SharePoint and Teams come together
- The upcoming updates to the SharePoint Framework will enable you to deploy web parts and application pages to Microsoft Teams as tabs.
- Deploy customizations developed with the SharePoint Framework across Office 365.
- Administrators will soon have new and flexible deployment options to provide new security options. They can deploy web parts in isolation using browser security tools (IFRAMEs).
Easily Call Microsoft Graph and Web APIs
- With SharePoint Framework version 1.6, developers can easily access APIs that make it easy to call into Web and Microsoft Graph APIs.
- All you need is a few lines of TypeScript to access numerous key data types exposed through Microsoft Graph.
- You can also connect to Web API libraries and Azure Active Directory-secured APIs.
Simple deployment of SharePoint Framework Extensions
- Now perform tenant-wide deployment of extensions across your SharePoint sites and enjoy customizations at scale
Dynamic data capabilities are here
Page authors can now easily mix, match, and customize parts on a page with dynamic data capabilities. It will enable page authors to dynamically connect data between parts via the property pane
Do more with SharePoint using new Microsoft Graph APIs
The set of APIs in Microsoft Graph are being expanded:
- Now in preview, with Microsoft Graph pages API you can access and configure data related to SharePoint pages
- Query data in SharePoint lists, manage the list of views using SharePoint views API through pre-established views
- Access curated lists of documents using Documents I follow Also get a URL to a viewer that you can embed into your apps.
Enhanced capabilities of SharePoint will surely help you reach bigger set of audiences. Keep an eye on our blog page as we will be coming up with all the updates from MS Ignite 2018. Stay tuned!
Are you in search of a SharePoint Intranet Portal for your business? Witness a pre-built intranet portal like you have never seen before. Schedule a demo now!