Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management Tools for Businesses
Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management helps you get started quickly and execute projects with ease. Built-in templates, familiar scheduling tools, and access across devices increase productivity for project managers and teams. Microsoft management online collaboration tools made easy.
5 Software Tools
- Built-in templates: Built-in, customizable templates use industry best practices to help you get started on the right path—so there’s no need to create project plans from scratch.
- Project planning: Familiar scheduling features like Gantt charts and prepopulated pull down menus help reduce training time and simplify the project planning process.
- Out-of-the-box reports: Share reports across your organization to keep everyone on the same page. Reports include everything from burn down charts to financials; and are available across devices.
- Multiple timelines: Quickly view all project activities, from tasks to upcoming milestones. Customize timelines to represent specific data and easily share them with project stakeholders.
- Access across devices: Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management is available on Windows, iOS®, and Android™ devices, so team members can update tasks on their device of choice and view timelines and reports on the go.
Suggested Blog: 5 Ways for Project Management with a SharePoint Portal
Imagine the Possibilities
Supercharge Your Project Management Practices
To grow and innovate, every company needs efficient and effective project, program and portfolio management. But are you using the best tool available for the job? If you’re juggling multiple tools, moving to one integrated solution is the first step—and scheduling, resource management and basic reporting capabilities are just the beginning.
Project managers report that ease of use is a top requirement for a project management solution. Basic capabilities, such as creating timelines and linking tasks, should be point-and-click easy. More advanced features, including a range of reports, should be just as simple.
- Project templates
- Connection to your favorite apps
- Smart automation
Being able to mine, analyze and present rich data allows project managers and other stakeholders—ranging from line employees to executives—to gain instant access to business-critical information that supports decision-making. Because it’s cloud-based, it is always up to date. Some of the ways a project management solution can provide insight include:
- Out-of-the-box reports
- Data visualization
- Gantt charts
Collaboration is the key to innovation. Your project management solution should provide team members with integrated collaboration tools to exchange ideas and unleash their full creative potential. Consider these capabilities:
- Real-time communication tools
- Collaborative work spaces
For today’s mobile and global teams, you need a project management solution that provides anytime, anywhere access. Here are the benefits of using a cloud-based solution to do that:
- Access to documents
- Seamless workflow
- Real-time updating
- Team-wide visibility
While it would be nice to be able to throw infinite resources at your projects, in the real world, necessary skill sets and employee time are limited. Resource management tools help you build project teams, request needed resources and create more efficient schedules without over- or under-loading team members. Best-in-class enterprise project management solutions offer these critical resource management functions:
- Systematic resource requests
- Capacity visualization
- Resource analytics
- Consolidated view
Your project management solution should provide sophisticated tools, reliability and security. No matter what size your company is, a cloud-based solution offers access to enterprise-level security and robustness. Consider these professional-grade capabilities when you’re evaluating solutions:
- Enterprise-grade reliability
- Streamlines administration
Gone are the days when project managers could get their team in one room and pass around sheets of paper to track projects (and thank goodness!). Today’s companies have geographically diverse teams, complex reporting requirements and multiple portfolios. Fortunately, Project Online brings a whole new range of capabilities to modern project management.
By migrating to Project Online, you can take advantage of always-available, up-to-date information that lets users collaborate seamlessly and efficiently. You’ll be able to make data-driven decisions to optimize your portfolios, coordinate schedules and manage resources. You’ll be able to rely on enterprise-grade capabilities, reliability and security.
Manage Your Projects with Dock SharePoint Intranet
With Dock 365, you can start your project off right by using our custom project portal capabilities for a seamless project management experience. As a project management professional, it’s critical to decrease inefficient communication with stakeholders or poor information management practices.
Learn more about how to use SharePoint intranet and Office 365 for your Project Management Portal.
Take it to go!
Fill out the form to access a PDF with this information to save for later.
Written by Jessica Northey
She's a multimedia producer to include writing, photography, graphic design and video. She enjoys learning about new technology for business and exploring her city in Jacksonville, Florida.