It doesn’t matter if you are working from home, in an office environment or on the move, it’s essential to keep your work-space optimized for productivity and performance. Following these tips will get you motivated and multiply your productivity in the workplace. A SharePoint intranet can offer many solutions to ease your works and help you become more productive.
- Removing clutter is an excellent way to help improve critical thinking and productivity. Whether it’s your closet or office desk, excess things in your surroundings can have a negative impact on your ability to focus and process information. Physical clutter overloads your senses, making you feel stressed, and impairs your ability to think critically.
- Using two monitors gives you a larger digital space to work in, which makes moving between different browser tabs and applications much more manageable. And while having two monitors on your desk will add some clutter and could take away from the zen setup you might be going for, the utility of having two monitors in your work-space will likely outweigh any aesthetic displeasure.
- Create a physical workflow on your desk by arranging items on your desk in-tune with the essential work functions throughout the day to move seamlessly from task to tasks in rhythm. You probably already have a solid workflow for your projects and your apps. Your desk is another tool for more productive work–if you set up that unassuming rectangle of space to store and process information on it efficiently. In a SharePoint intranet you can design your workspace, you can create separate pages for departments and manage them easily.
2. Say Goodbye to Multi-tasking
- Do one job at a time. Don’t try to handle anything else while you’re focusing. Don’t answer the phone, check email, text, instant message, read or pick up a pen. Whenever you’re tempted to add another task, stop and refocus.
- If electronic information and communication is a source of distraction and a multitasking threat set a schedule, force yourself to check texts and emails only at specific times. Make a plan that’s appropriate for your responsibilities, and then stick to it.
- If you work in a setting with other people, distractions aren’t always under your control. When you’re trying to focus, limit whatever noises you can. Silence your electronics and shut down visual alerts. With a SharePoint project management you can manage your tasks simply.
3. Manage Your Time Don't Let Your Time Manage You
- Create an action plan, when you have projects create a plan to get you from A to Z. Utilizing an action map will get you there, so you don't stray from the path.
- Look for Ways to Automate tasks that require little to in-depth critical thinking or monitoring.
- Use your calendar religiously; this will allow you to keep meetings, projects, and calls in order. This includes scheduling time for creative thinking and brainstorming as well.
Utilizing practical ways like these go hand in hand with using the best tools available make you, and your team more productive. SharePoint Intranet features advanced time management solutions that can help you keep track of your working hours effectively.
Book a Live demo
Schedule a live demo of Dock 365's Contract Management Software now.
Written by Edwin Harrington
Edwin is a Marketing Content Developer and Strategist, who has 3 years of experience in creating and curating content for Brands form the US in many industries. He is an avid sports fan, movie buff, and trivia aficionado.