Advantages of Lookup Columns
You can easily create multiple relationships between lists without using any calculated fields.
How to create a SharePoint Lookup Column to another site?
Let's explore how to create a lookup column in a list/library that looks up data from a list/library of another site.Without further ado, let's get started.
- Go to Site Contents > Site Settings
- Click on Site Columns
- Click on Create
- Give the Site Column an appropriate name and choose "Lookup" as the type.
- Navigate to your Sub site and add your Site Column to any list/library
- Go to Library Settings
- Click on Add from Existing Site Columns under the Columns section
- The next step is to find and add your Site Column
Viola! You have successfully created a SharePoint lookup column to another site.
To know more about SharePoint, get in touch with our experts.
Are you in search of an intranet solution? Meet Dock 365, a pre-built SharePoint Intranet Portal ensures seamless collaboration no matter whether your employees are separated by a few cubicles or a few thousand miles. Being a trusted Microsoft SharePoint technology solution provider, we help customers realize their business goals, desired outcomes, maximize productivity, business growth, ROI and much more.
Schedule a Free Demo Now