Advantages of Lookup Columns
You can easily create multiple relationships between lists without using any calculated fields.
How to create a SharePoint Lookup Column to another site?
Let's explore how to create a lookup column in a list/library that looks up data from a list/library of another site.Without further ado, let's get started.
- Go to Site Contents > Site Settings
- Click on Site Columns
- Click on Create
- Give the Site Column an appropriate name and choose "Lookup" as the type.
- Navigate to your Sub site and add your Site Column to any list/library
- Go to Library Settings
- Click on Add from Existing Site Columns under the Columns section
- The next step is to find and add your Site Column
Viola! You have successfully created a SharePoint lookup column to another site.
Written by Sneha Gopal
She comes with 4 years of experience in content management and have worked with brands from the US and UK. An enthusiastic content crafter, she loves travelling and learning about new Microsoft Technologies.